Public Health Claims
CuVerro® antimicrobial copper is the ONLY solid surface material registered by the U.S. EPA to continuously kill bacteria* that pose a threat to human health that are left behind by dirty hands, killing more than 99.9% of bacteria* within 2 hours.
Laboratory testing has shown that when cleaned regularly:
- This surface continuously reduces bacterial* contamination, achieving 99.9% reduction within two hours of exposure.
- This surface kills greater than 99.9% of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria* within two hours of exposure.
- This surface delivers continuous and ongoing antibacterial* action, remaining effective in killing greater than 99.9% of bacteria* within two hours.
- This surface kills greater than 99.9% of bacteria* within two hours, and continues to kill more than 99% of bacteria* even after repeated contamination.
- This surface helps inhibit the buildup and growth of bacteria* within two hours of exposure between routine cleaning and sanitizing steps.
* Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro® surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria* within 2 hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7
The use of CuVerro® antimicrobial copper products is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. This surface has been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but it does not necessarily prevent cross contamination. It should not be interpreted that CuVerro® is making claims to solely prevent HAI nor should it be implied that CuVerro® products make such claims.